From her letter of July 23, 2008:
"Wow! Today has been pretty overwhelming but it's not near as bad as I thought it would be. . . . we got shuffled through a billion lines & stations to get all that we needed & to make sure everything was good to go. All of the buildings look alike . . . so I had to wander around for awhile before I found my residence hall. . . . no one else was there, so I sat around until [some]one finally showed up. All 3 of my roommates are going to the Maryland Baltimore Mission. I'm stuck with about 6 Elders going to Connecticut but they all seem pretty cool. There are all different personalities in the district (7 Connecticut/4 Baltimore) & some just might be hard to get along with, but I'll try my best. I saw Cameron Briggs [from Malta] in the cafeteria today. . . . . I'm actually liking it here, at least so far. You feel the spirit so strong here that you have that fire to get out and do missionary work. I'm really happy that I'm able to be here to prepare to bring souls unto Christ. Don't ever worry about me. I'm doing the Lord's work & will be watched over & blessed. P.S. My companion is Sister Rosser from Las Vegas." (Pictured above: roomies Sisters Lindsey, Wilson & Rosser)
"Wow! Today has been pretty overwhelming but it's not near as bad as I thought it would be. . . . we got shuffled through a billion lines & stations to get all that we needed & to make sure everything was good to go. All of the buildings look alike . . . so I had to wander around for awhile before I found my residence hall. . . . no one else was there, so I sat around until [some]one finally showed up. All 3 of my roommates are going to the Maryland Baltimore Mission. I'm stuck with about 6 Elders going to Connecticut but they all seem pretty cool. There are all different personalities in the district (7 Connecticut/4 Baltimore) & some just might be hard to get along with, but I'll try my best. I saw Cameron Briggs [from Malta] in the cafeteria today. . . . . I'm actually liking it here, at least so far. You feel the spirit so strong here that you have that fire to get out and do missionary work. I'm really happy that I'm able to be here to prepare to bring souls unto Christ. Don't ever worry about me. I'm doing the Lord's work & will be watched over & blessed. P.S. My companion is Sister Rosser from Las Vegas." (Pictured above: roomies Sisters Lindsey, Wilson & Rosser)


0 comments
Post a Comment