From Feb. 23, 2009 email:
I'm not surprised that Dad is watching "Errand of Angels." Doesn't it make you want to serve a mission? I hope so because it's a wonderful experience. Tell Cherry Ward congratulations for her mission call. The same mission as Shilo, eh? Maybe she can carry on with the work that Shilo left there. Sounds like you've all had a busy week. Mine has been likewise. We've been doing a lot of finding, teaching...and eating! Four members have invited us to dinner this week, three of which were Cape Verdian. There was LOTS of delicious food. Someone just about had to roll Sister Jones and I out the door. I felt like the blueberry girl on Willie Wonka. I learned the secret to making the best beans & rice. I'll have to share my mission cuisine with you all when I get home.
We have picked up two new investigators this week. They actually came to us. Mary & Thomas saw us at the bus station & told us that they had met with missionaries in Fall River, Mass. We dropped by their apartment Saturday night & had a very good lesson in which I could feel the Spirit very strongly. They love the Mormon religion, but had lost contact with the missionaries for a while when they moved over to East Providence. Thomas had attended the Central Falls ward once, but didn't have a very good experience. We convinced him to try it again so hopefully they will be there next Sunday!
During church on Sunday I had an interesting spiritual experience. I was sitting there through the talks & lessons, & I had this flood of the spirit wash over me. There wasn't one specific time, but all throughout the meetings. I sat back and thought, "I love this ward." The first few weeks I was apprehensive about it because it was nothing like I had ever experienced. But now with time & getting to know the members, I absolutely love it. Most members are converts & have had their share of struggles in their lives. But they all come together as one. I was beaming like a mom listening to her child speak when Sister Fortes gave her talk in sacrament meeting. She did such a great job & I'm so proud of her. She joined the church about a year ago and she's come so far. Thanks for all of your love & support. Your prayers help me through the tough & disappointing times. Keep all the missionaries in your prayers, not just me!
And how is your Preach My Gospel study coming? I know that as you study it, you will gain a greater understanding of the gospel & you will have opportunities to share your testimonies with others. Now who wouldn't want that?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments
Post a Comment