Posted on 10:56 AM

Transfers!

By Brenda's Mom at 10:56 AM

From email of March 9, 2009:
Last night we got the dreaded phone call from President Pehrson. Transfers! We were shocked to hear that we were getting doubled out of East Providence. Sisters haven't been here very long and we just barely built up our teaching pool! Sister Jones and I are super sad about leaving. I've grown to love this area so much. She is headed to Fairfield, CT, with Sisters Timothy & Glenn. And as for me...I'm getting doubled into a new sisters area....AND TRAINING! Agh! I don't feel ready for both at the same time!

I'll be serving in Groton, CT, which is interestingly enough the land of our ancestors. I'll also be covering Stonington, which is a big hot-spot for dead relatives. Now isn't that interesting? I don't know who I'll be training yet since there are two new sisters coming in. Last night I could hardly sleep because I was so nervous. The Lord and President Pehrson knows that I'll grow the most when thrown into a situation like this. So I'll need some extra prayers!

Last Monday we had a fun preparation day activity with a member from Guatemala. We learned the secret of making corn tortillas & homemade refried beans. YUM! I'll be an accomplished chef by the time I go home. :)

We had a lot of good lessons with our investigators this week. When we finally get to the point where they are progressing well, we have to leave. But I know that they are in good hands with the Elders coming in. One is Elder Park, who came out with me. I've grown to love the Central Falls ward so much! I'm sad to leave. We had a wonderful church yesterday & the building was almost bursting out of its seams with people. The ward has made leaps and bounds even since I've been here & I'm excited to see how it turns out in the next few years. A lot of the members are sad to see us Sisters leave...they were quite partial to us!

On Sunday we started a member missionary program in which the members write down the names of non-members or less-actives & pray for them morning & night. The promise is that if we do not miss a day of praying, at least some of the people on the list will be receptive to hearing the missionary lessons. I've heard good things about it already. I decided to join in on this because I want my family members and friends back home to receive the blessings of the restored gospel. I'll send you a copy so you can check it out and maybe start your own list! Well, I've got to get back to packing & cleaning. Hopefully I'll survive this next week so you can hear from me then!

0 comments