Posted on 3:08 PM

Ryan, Kelsi & Gloria

By Brenda's Mom at 3:08 PM

From May 11, 2009 email:

It was so wonderful to talk to you all yesterday! I'm glad that everyone is doing great and that I'm not missing out on much. Mom, I'm glad you didn't think the card was cheesy. I sure did when I picked it out. Plus it took me a few tries to get the message right. Now you can get a Happy Mother's Day greeting any day you want!

This week we had some really great lessons with investigators. We also picked up a few new ones this week. I'm surprised how things are falling into place here in Groton. This is truly a blessed area! Yesterday, Sister M & I had a special fast for Ryan. He'll be graduating in a couple of weeks and so we're hoping for a miracle before then! Kelsi is doing great...she loves it every time we go over. I'm used to looking up to other people, so it's a change to have someone look up to me. She wants to follow our example and be who we are. I'm excited for her to be baptized!

We are struggling to get some of our investigators to progress. They just haven't had that turning point in their life to really want to change. They still want things to be easy and they don't want to have to put much effort into it. But I've realized that's not what the Gospel is about. It is about sacrifice. And they aren't willing to do that. Gurrr. We're continuing to pray for them so they will have that desire to truly change.

Gloria took us out for our first "grinders" this week. Apparently a grinder is just a sub sandwich. But oh was it good! It had salami (surprisingly good), provalone cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Mmmm. Then we walked over to the Sea Swirl ice cream shop for a treat. We had an interesting experience while we were there. While we were sitting down, we heard someone yell, "Hey Sisters!" We turn around and there is this young girl walking towards us toting two kids. She is from California, served a mission to France, and was visiting her aunt & uncle in Stonington. She was super nice, and said that she knew it was sister missionaries because we stick out like a sore thumb. It's crazy that were were there at that exact moment for her to see us. Gloria has been softening her heart to the church and we even figured out her reason for not joining. She doesn't think she can make that commitment. We got through all of her false excusing and got to the root of the problem. She would do wonders if she put her whole heart into it and made that leap of faith. Plus I think she would love the temple. She comes to church almost every week. That's one of the hardest steps to take!

0 comments