From email of June 15, 2009: I'm glad to hear that we aren't the only ones floating away. It has rained SO hard these past few days that we thought about building an ark. But of course the New England weather is so dynamic that we had rain/fog/sun/hot all in one day. I thought Idaho weather was bad.
This week hasn't been the best. A lot of our appointments have fallen through and things just aren't working out how we'd like. These are the times that missionary work is hard. We go out and talk to people all day long, but get rejected. Most everyone is "all set" and they don't give us the time of day. Some of our investigators aren't progressing along as they should which is frustrating. If I would have known that missionary work was this hard, I probably wouldn't have come. But I know it is for my good. I'm a better person because of it. Plus the joys of seeing someone accept the gospel and enter the waters of baptism overshadow these tough times. It makes it all worth while! I'm also appreciating the little blessings that I'm given each day from Heavenly Father.
Kelsi is leaving this week for Utah to get baptized. Yay! I'm excited for her. She's being a great example to her father and is key to getting hime reactivated. He knows it is true, but just can't make the effort to change. We see that a lot. People believe, but laziness and habit get the best of them. Gloria is doing good, but is as stubborn as ever. We pray for her daily so that she will open up her heart to the gospel. Keep her in your prayers!
Hopefully I'll have lots more to report next week! We're still trudging a long in the rain and the sunshine. We know that the Lord promises us and our families great blessings for our service. That's what keeps us going. These hard times usually mean something good is around the corner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments
Post a Comment