Posted on 12:38 PM

Windsor work

By Brenda's Mom at 12:38 PM

From August 3, 2009, email: That is SAD news about the branch [Marsh Creek Young Singles that parents have been serving in]! I can't believe it is time for a change already. I'm sure you feel just as I feel when I have to leave an area and start fresh. It's hard to leave, but there are more opportunities to bless the lives of others out there. I hope the new leaders will be as good as the original Marsh Creek Branch presidency.

This week has been a bit slow for appointments because people keep cancelling and ignoring us! We have a lot of investigators down in Windsor, but now that we've moved up to Windsor Locks, we need to focus our efforts here. Not many of our investigators are progressing nor willing to keep commitments so we'll be doing a lot of dropping! We need a fresh start on the area. So we're working hard at finding new investigators!

We taught a couple, the Arnolds, who had visited Temple Square a few weeks back and wanted to learn more about our religion. We had a really good first lesson with them on the Restoration and they wanted to learn more! They were so willing to read & pray about the Book of Mormon that it kinda threw me off. They had previously gone to a Congregational church, but were turned off by the new leadership there. They said that they didn't realize that they were missing something until they had visited Temple Square. He has also had lots of contact with missionaries because he owns a bike shop down in Newington. But we won't be able to meet with them for the next couple of weeks so keep them in your prayers!

Patricia is about our only progressing investigator. She lives in the same apartment complex the Sisters used to live in so that is how the first contact was made. Her family is super opposed to her investigating or getting baptized, but she is willing to follow the example of Jesus Christ. We had a great lesson with her in which she said she would be baptized before her next birthday, which is in November. She even came to church for the first time this Sunday & enjoyed it! Sometimes I wonder about the testimony meetings out here, but it was actually a good one this time around. Most of the youth filed up to give their testimonies about EFY. I'm glad these kids have something like that to attend to strengthen their testimonies of the gospel. We also had a wonderful Relief Society lesson on temples, which included pioneers, past and present. Sister Ouellette gave a PowerPoint presentation on a group of members from Africa who traveled over 300 miles through storms and mud to go to the temple. I know the Spirit touched every heart in the room. The was hardly a dry eye in the room.

We had a short lesson with the Mejias kids on Thursday night and then had a little basketball game against them. It was a blast! It was boys (Jon-13yrs and Myles-12yrs) against Sister Monson, Nya (8yrs), and me. We kept score for a while, but we were having too much fun to care. Imagine it: two sister missionaries out there in their skirts and tracting shoes playing basketball. The boys gave us a compliment by saying we were better than most of the Elders that came over to play. Haha...I wouldn't be surprised if we were... :)

All is well here in Windsor. We are working hard to bring the blessings of the gospel to all. But this time I have as a missionary is coming to an end. I'll be coming home February 10th! I'll get my flight plans sometime soon. I can't believe how fast it has gone by. I'm gonna miss this when I'm done!

0 comments