From Feb. 1, 2010, email:
Susan's baptism is still on for Sunday! She's super excited for it and looks forward to this new beginning for her. The Gospel Principles class just happened to be on baptism and she answered all of the questions. It's funny how lessons turn out like that. Dean, her husband, will follow soon behind. He's still trying to overcome smoking, but I know that he can do it.
We had an awesome lesson with Josh at the Preneveau's home. It was one of the most spiritual lessons that I've been in on my mission. We taught him about the Word of Wisdom & Bro. Preneveau bore such a powerful testimony. I wish you all could have felt that Spirit! He's got a smoking habit, but he wants to kick it.
Yale was pretty cool! But it would have been more enjoyable if it hadn't been raining so hard. We toured around the libraries and I had to go to the gym. I haven't changed much, have I?! Yale is a neat school, but there's something missing there: the Spirit. It seemed so cold & lifeless with all of the stone buildings. It made me appreciate my education at church schools because the Spirit is there. Being on campus got me excited to head back to school.
Yesterday in Relief Society I realized that I was going home. It was Ward Conference so the stake Relief Society President was teaching the lesson. She talked of how we can "Come Unto Christ" as it says in Moroni 10. One way that we can come unto Christ is by sharing the gospel. All of a sudden I had tears streaming down my face & I couldn't stop. I was pretty much sobbing through the closing song. I didn't expect it to hit me like this. I have grown to love the people & the area SO MUCH that I'm having a hard time saying goodbye. I'm sure there will be a few more tears shed this week. I can attribute it all to the charity & love that the Savior has for all of us. I prayed to love these people and I was blessed with that love. It makes it so hard to leave!
I'm excited to see you all soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments
Post a Comment