Posted on 11:57 AM

O That I Were An Angel!

By Brenda's Mom at 11:57 AM

From May 26, 2009 email:

Sorry I couldn't get an email off yesterday. I forgot it was Memorial Day! In celebration of it, we roasted marshmallows in the church kitchen and made smores. Yum!

Last Monday, Sister Mortimer and I visited Mystic Seaport. A member's husband works there as a rigger so we got free passes there. It was very cool to learn about the seafaring history of the Northeast. Apparently Mystic/Stonington were big whaling communities. We got to board an old whaling ship that is under construction. I don't see how people could live on those things! Ugh. I could never be a sailor. I took lots of pictures so you all can enjoy it. See below.

Saturday we helped Margo, a former investigator, move. . .again. She wasn't content with the apartment she got so we moved her stuff to another one in the same complex. Last time we had the Waterford & New London Elders to help us out, but this time it was just us. You would be proud to have seen Sister M & I lug huge pieces of furniture down a few hills. We were seriously hurting after that. Sister Norton, one of the ward missionaries, took us out to Applebees that night. We celebrated my 10-month mark with a huge dessert. What could be any better than that?

Our investigators are doing well & Bro. Steel is still on for the 6th of June. I'm so excited for the family. I wish all families could embrace the gospel so they can be together forever. But sadly, people are blinded by "things" and aren't willing to sacrifice. Sister M.'s dad lives in Pennsylvania and she got the news today that they are combining the two missions in Pennsylvania. Missionary work in New England is slowing down. I wish they would humble themselves! They don't know what they are missing! I feel like Alma when he cried, "O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people! Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth." (Alma 29:1-2) It is super frustrating when people blow off the thing that you hold most dear. But we still keep plugging along as we find those who will embrace it.

Well, we've got to help out at the blood drive at the church. Hope you all have a wonderful week!



Ships had indoor plumbing!
Pretty snug!
Definitely a whaling ship!

The Charles P. Morgan

0 comments