Posted on 9:33 PM

Go fly a kite!

By Brenda's Mom at 9:33 PM

From June 1, 2009 email:

Yes, you did hear something about transfers. But Sister Mortimer and I have escaped being transferred again. This is the longest I've ever been with a companion and we are still getting along great! None of the Sisters moved this time around so there will be some big changes next transfer. Earlier today we had a BBQ with the district at Harkness State Park, which is right by the ocean. We had some good food and some good fun! Sister M & I bought $1 kites at Wal-Mart and the Elders had a heck of a time with them. There was a gentle breeze to keep the kites up. It was such a beautiful day!














We had a great lesson with Gloria this week. This was the first time that we were able to sit down and have an actual lesson with her. We read through Alma 32 which talks about planting the seed of faith. She has made such great changes in the past few weeks. We have become such great friends with her, which has broken down a few barriers that had been put up with the Elders. We're expecting great things to happen with her!


Brother Steel (left) is still on for this Saturday. There is going to be a huge crowd there with most of the ward attending. It has been such an amazing blessing to have taught this wonderful family. They have invited us over to lobster dinner sometime this week when their friends from Utah come. Last night we were talking with Bro. Steel before his interview and he said that they were thinking about getting sealed in the Timpanogas temple and wanted us there. That would be super convenient for us!

I love being in Groton! The members here are great and the investigators are solid. This past week I've been thinking a lot about how much I've changed since I came out. My scriptural knowledge has increased ten fold. My confidence has blossomed. I can't ever imagine not serving a mission. It makes you such a better person. I can't believe this will be coming to an end shortly. It has been the greatest experience of my life. Thanks for all that you do! Every letter & email keeps me going. Keep reading the scriptures, praying, and going to the temple! Remember what's most important in life!

0 comments