Posted on 12:20 PM

Happy One Year Anniversary!

By Brenda's Mom at 12:20 PM

From email of July 20, 2009: Can you believe it's been a year since I entered the MTC? I sure can't! Time has flown by so quickly. It is just hitting me that my time out here is VERY short and I have to make the best of it!

So now I'm in Windsor Locks, CT. It is a totally different area than what I'm used to. It's a poorer area, but the people are definitely humbled! We are so stinkin' busy each day...I've never been busier! We have a pretty large teaching pool, but none who are in the running for baptism yet. The previous Sisters just had 7 people baptized so we've got lots of recent convert lessons to teach. We are going to start working with the ward more closely as they aren't too missionary minded. Hopefully things will start to turn around.

My companion is Sister Monson from Centerville, UT. Joel used to home teach her back in the days of Old Farm [in Logan, UT]. Crazy! We get along really great. We're both a bit shy so we're pushing each other to do better each day. I'll have to write more about our experiences later as I don't have much time left on the computer!

0 comments