From email of July 13, 2009: Last week I forgot to mention that transfers were coming up. And so...suprise! We're getting doubled out of Groton! It was a big shocker to us. Sister Mortimer is headed to Newport (getting doubled in there) and I'm off to Windsor. I had a feeling that I was going, but I had no idea that it would be both of us. We're spending a lot of today packing and saying goodbye to all the wonderful people here. I'm going to miss it so much! We have Jayde's baptism this Saturday so the Elders will have to be on top of things to get it done!
We got our transfer call last night while we were teaching the Taggarts. They are so awesome! Seth said he didn't want anything less than a temple marriage now so his kids can be sealed to him. We also committed Kelsi to accept nothing less than that...in a few years! We took our departing pictures, some of which are included in the email. Seth's little boys said they wanted us to be their "big sisters" and they attached themselves to us pretty quickly. Its been good for them to be exposed to church because they don't get much of that with their mom in Louisiana.
We had a funny thing happen to us the other day. We were just about to leave for service at Gerts when Sister M. decided she needed to go to the bathroom. I'm sitting on the couch in the other room when I hear "HELP!" Sister M. got locked in the bathroom because the handle was messed up. So after a bit of fussing, we got her out and I thought I got it fixed. But then I get locked in the bathroom and the handle falls completely off! We had to do some more fumbling around until I was out. We were laughing so hard that we were struggling to get out the door. A little comic relief doesn't hurt every once in a while!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments
Post a Comment