Posted on 9:47 AM

Tender mercies!

By Brenda's Mom at 9:47 AM



From email of Sept. 21, 2009: I'd still like the Buck pedigree chart. I talked to the Bucks in the Hartford Ward and we're wanting to compare relatives! And speaking of Bucks, I ran into someone at zone conference that President Buck might happen to know. The area mental health advisor, Sister Rowe (above), gave us a training at our conference on Wednesday. She sat with us at lunch and of course we went through the whole "where are you from, who do you know" game. Well....she just happens to be Thayne Buck's sister! How crazy is that? We got a picture together so you can send a copy to Thayne & Marilyn. It's a small world!

This has been a much better week than the last. We reset baptismal dates for Amanda (Oct. 11) and Dominick (Oct. 4) and then set two more with some of our other investigators! The Lord is constantly preparing people to receive the restored Gospel. We as missionaries, and members, just have to have the faith and the courage to open our mouths and invite. It never ceases to amaze me how much the Lords blesses us with his tender mercies. We see miracles happen here every week! We took the bus on Thursday to save on our miles and ran into Tido, a young man we had met weeks before who was interested in the Book of Mormon. We had met him at a bus stop in the Wilson area, but he was in such a hurry that we didn't get his information. But on Thursday he was on his way to work and just so happened to miss his usual bus. We were at the right place and the right time! We called him a few days later and his brother wants to learn more! Tender mercies!

Sister Thomas and I are having a wonderful time reactivating less-actives and teaching our investigators. We get along great and have promised to be great friends from now on. I remember when I got set apart that the couselor in the Stake Presidency told me to have fun on my mission, but still be obedient. Sister T & I definitely are doing that! We laugh until our sides hurt and we play games during tracting to make it more enjoyable. She loves to cook, too, so we always make great meals together. I feel bad for the other missionaries who eat Ramen & cereal all the time because we eat actual meals! I'm so glad that I could make so many lifetime friends on my mission.

I've noticed on my mission that we need to build up the areas that are struggling. It's fine and dandy to go to a nice, big ward where you can blend in with everyone else and not take much responsibility. But these less-flourishing areas need the leadership and love that we can offer.


Fall is just starting to peek into the leaves. Every once in a while we get a nice bright flash of color. I'm super excited for another fall out here. It is SO beautiful! I have to recommend that all of you experience it for yourselves! I'll definitely have to take more pictures this year so you can get a taste of what I see every day!

0 comments