From Nov. 16, 2009, email: I'll be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas in Torrington with Sister Murray! It was quite a surprise because we thought Sister Pulham would get moved around again, but she's staying with Sister Thomas in Windsor and Sister Mortimer will join them. I had a feeling I was leaving Windsor and I'm super excited to have another adventure in a new area. I hear it's the coldest area in the mission and the Sisters there said they saw a black bear the other day. Yikes!
Tuesday we had a great lesson around a campfire. A weird warm streak has been in the area so it seemed just like summer. Bob & Cindy are a couple that we tracted into a few transfers ago and now we are finally starting to teach them. They have so many questions about the church & they are so willing to learn. We talked about the plan of salvation by firelight. It was a new experience for me, teaching outside with the fire, but the Spirit was definitely there. We also met with a less-active sister in the ward, Elaine, who is preparing for the temple. She had been a bit hesitant about going, mainly because she didn't know what to expect. But we brought another sister who shared her amazing experience about going for the first time. I could see Elaine's desire to attend the temple grow just in that meeting. I'm so grateful for members! They add so much to the lessons & provide experiences that missionaries just can't relate. I'm so excited to help out the Sister missionaries when I get home!
Saturday we were able to help the Mejias family clean out their 150-year-old barn that they are turning into an educational center. I had flashbacks to Almo! They had sooo much stuff in there and most of it went into the dumpster & out of their hair. Hmm...that's what I feel like doing with all of my junk when I get home. On a mission, you learn that you can live without a lot of things. We're trying to work more closely with the family because they haven't been to church in months. Jonathan still comes faithfully each week, though. Well, I've got to go pack up all of my stuff for transfers tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have more spiritual adventures for you all next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments
Post a Comment