Posted on 11:36 AM

Happy New Year!

By Brenda's Mom at 11:36 AM

From Dec. 28, 2009, email: The highlight of my week was of course talking to you all [family Christmas Eve]! I'm happy that everyone was able to be there. I guess we'll all be getting together again in the next few months! And I'm glad that you enjoyed the mission DVD. It is such a blessing to have all of those pictures to remember the good times! I'll have to create my own for the family to see when I get home.

We decided to cancel our first dinner appointment on Christmas Day because we were still stuffed from the night before. Plus we didn't want to have to rush around. President & Sister Pehrson opened up the mission home to the missionaries and we had a great time there. Lots of good food, fun, and company! Sister Pehrson introduced us to a game called Five Crowns...it's quite fun! We watched a little bit of "It's A Wonderful Life" before heading back to Torrington for our dinner appointment. It was at the Greens, the same family that had us over for Thanksgiving. I love them so much! It always feels like home when we are there. I was happy to see that dinner was lasagna. I'm just about tired of ham & turkey! We ended the night with dessert and carols around the piano.

Susan is still progressing along so well! She came to church yesterday and LOVED it! She says that she wants to be baptized, it's just all a matter of when. It's so great to see her excitement for the gospel. She's already got a strong knowledge of the scriptures and the Book of Mormon is adding to that. I know that she is feeling the power of that book. The Spirit is touching her heart and helping her to change. Yay!

Oh! I almost forgot to write about transfers. Sister Murray & I will be staying in Torrington together...but Sister Mortimer is joining us! I'm so excited to have my greenie send me home [next transfer]. I love her so much! She knows how to have fun, yet work hard. It is going to be such a wonderful transfer! Happy New Year!




Left: Sister Darrington & Sister Mortimer walking on Preneveou's frozen pond

0 comments