Posted on 7:33 PM

Good News!

By Brenda's Mom at 7:33 PM



From email of Jan. 4, 2010: I definitely had a wonderful birthday yesterday. . . the best out here on a mission! We made the "birthday brownies" Mom sent so Sister Mortimer & Sister Murray sang as I blew out the candles. They stuck little notes around the apartment that wished me a Happy Birthday so that was a good surprise. They even stuck them in the refrigerator for me to see. I love them! Elder and Sister Carr brought a cake to Susan's appointment so I got sung to again. Then the bishop invited us over for cake & hot chocolate so I got another birthday song! We were a bit sick of cake by the end of the night, but it still made for a very happy birthday!

The good news of the week: Susan accepted a baptismal date for February 7th! She didn't hesitate a bit when we extended the invitation to be baptized. I can tell that she really wants it. We had a great lesson on repentance last night which is leading her to change a few things in her life. I love to see the change of heart that converts have when they repent and come unto Christ. There truly is something special about the gospel! Hopefully the baptism goes through on that date so I'll be able to see another person enter the waters of baptism before I go home.



Our New Years was just as "exciting" as yours, complete with Martinelli's and party hats. We spent most of the time taking apart the bunk bed to move up the bed so Sister Murray doesn't whack her head in the middle of the night. The only problem is that we couldn't move it up! After we had the many pieces strewn across the apartment, we found out that the other holes were for the rails, not for an adjustable bed. Ugh! So we put it back together & enjoyed the rest of our night. I'm happy to have a little bit of handy-man skills because the other sisters had no idea what to do.

I got my flight plans at transfer meeting last week! President Pehrson told us to be released as soon as possible after we get home, so I guess we could arrange that. It still doesn't feel like I should be going home yet! I just read in Jacob "our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream." That's how real life feels to me. And I don't want my mission to feel like that, just a dream. Hopefully I can continue this work when I am home! See you all soon--on February 10th!

0 comments