Posted on 12:04 PM

BUURRR!!!

By Brenda's Mom at 12:04 PM



Dec. 8, 2008, email: We got our first real Connecticut snowfall Saturday night. I looked out the window Sunday morning and just about cried. We have gone so long without snow and cold, why couldn't we go longer! It reminded me of my days in Rexburg when my roommate and I would whine and complain that there was new snow just about every morning. The cold here is unbelievable! You'll have to experience it yourself to really know.

This week has been great! Our numbers aren't so hot, but not every success is seen in numbers. Last night we met with our new ward mission leader, Bro. Patterson, who just moved in. He's going to be awesome at this calling. He has such a great attitude about missionary work and even said that he's here to serve us. Things will be picking up here in the Canton ward! Saturday & Sunday we had a mission-wide fast for the "faith to find." I guess the whole mission has been struggling, but I know that this fast will help. I know that the Lord has prepared so many people for the gospel. He will soften the icy hearts of the New Englanders. We just have to trust in Him that he will show us where they are.

Saturday was our ward Christmas devotional, which consisted of musical numbers & a reading of the Christmas story from Luke. It turned out great! Lillian, one of our investigators, came to it with her son and another friend. It was such a great missionary tool to expose non-members to what we believe. Sister Haueter's piano solo was so beautiful & our song was pretty good. We hadn't practiced with the other sisters so it was good for the time spend on it. Earlier that day we got a call from Bro. Moore (right with wife, Freda) in Burlington to see if we could help him get his wood stacked before the snow came. Another service project involving splitting & stacking wood! And once again, I LOVED it! That's really funny to say, but once you go a long time without doing it, it feels so good to start again. We had to "wrestle" the wood splitter into his barn afterward which was quite the task! I picked up a few bruises on my legs & my whole body is sore! I'm sure the job was more suited for men, but Sister missionaries can do anything. Bro. Moore took us on a pick-up truck ride all over his property. They have 15 acres or so and even have a little campground area out back. So cool! It reminded me of Almo.

Friday night we went over to the Bayley's & made gingerbread houses with their kids. I haven't done that in years & I had a blast. Mine was supposed to be a temple, but it didn't turn out so well. I took some pictures so maybe someday you'll be able to see the fun we have.

Thursday was our last district meeting with our DL, Elder Bodily, because he's headed home next week. To celebrate, we had our meeting in Goshen & went to the infamous TSB [Torrington Super Buffet]. YUM! I think we have the best bunch of Elders in this district. So spiritual, yet they know how to have some fun. I'm gonna miss them if I get transferred next week.

Monday night we did exchanges with the Rocky Hill sisters so I finally got to experience a new area! That helped me get out of the little rut I was in. Surprisingly enough, I wasn't scared or timid about talking to people or tracting. I'm so thankful for the progress I've made so far. I know I've grown leaps & bounds, but I'm looking forward to more growth.

Well, that's a slightly brief summary of my week. I could spend hours writing every detail & every spiritual experience, but I don't have that kind of time. This week, I've really seen the many "tender mercies" that the Lord gives to his children. Hearts have been softened & testimonies strengthened. I'm so thankful to be out here in Connecticut at this time. It's a wonderful place with some awesome people!

0 comments